Along with the first game, Sonic 2 has also been added to the Sega Ages lineup for Nintendo Switch. A page for the game was added to the official Japanese website. From what I can eke out of Google Translate, features include:
- The ability to use the drop dash from Sonic Mania. This is also being included in Sonic 1.
- Time attack mode with online leaderboards.
- Ring keep mode, which allows you to hold on to some rings after being hit.
- Super Sonic mode, which starts Sonic out with 50 rings and all chaos emeralds. This is carried over from the 3DS release.
Other games announced for the lineup include:
- Space Harrier
- Columns II — This hasn't really gotten a home release before and also never left Japan
- Thunder Force AC — The arcade version of Thunder Force III, which received a number of adjustments
Sonic 1 is set to release on the 20th of this month.